I sincerely love the holidays.
if only for Kearney family traditions, including watching Stalag 17, possibly the least festive Christmas movie ever. But it is set during Christmas.
I’m tellin’ ya, Animal, these Nazis ain’t kosher!
so in honor of Manfredi and Johnson, here is my christmas wish list.
- North by Northwest: 50th Anniversary Edition-Hitchcock! Grant! Mt. Rushmore! I seriously love this movie. and I don’t have it on DVD period. I want, I need.
- Dark was the Night-seriously, check how this compilation/collaborations. Feist and Ben Gibbard, Bon Iver, The Decemberist, Iron and Wine, Sufjan, Sharon Jones, Cat Power, Andrew Bird, and my most anticipated track…Conor Oberst and Gillian Welch!
- Monsters of Folk [Vinyl plus MP3]-M. Ward, Conor Oberst, Mike Mogis and Jim James. WHY IS THIS JUST NOW HAPPENING? This is like my dream supergroup. Except Gillian and Zooey aren’t there. They should tag team.
- The Avett Brothers-Can I have them to live in my pocket and sing to me when I am sad? The answer is…no. BUT, I can have them come to the Fox Theatre and I can go see them. [which I am doing!]
- Paste Magazine-to survive another year
- These shoes from Anthropologie
so damn kitsch
BTW. Just announced, Mark Ruffalo’s directorial debut in the lineup for Sundance. Starring Ruffalo, Orlando Bloom, Laura Linney.
I want it to be awesome because I luff Ruffalo. and Laura Linney. Maybe she will be stupendous, garner an 2011 Oscar Nod in Best Supporting Actress and win. Because she’s awesome.